- We are excited to bring on board an experienced Business Analyst to deliver in collaboration with our project teams various process and technology initiatives. The role will also assume a prime role as a Project Manager following best practices in organizing and driving projects to conclusion.
- Project Manager key functions:
- Develop strong Project Management Plans
- Hands-on leader for multiple projects
- Triage emergency / urgent requests in daily scrum meetings
- Manage changes, decisions, risks and issues so you can provide timely updates to stakeholders.
- Engage in Change components of project management plans.
- Report on initiatives in timely fashion
- Participate in driving projects to successful completion, by supporting development teams and end-users in achieving their goals. Collaborate with the QA team to test new features from an end-user perspective.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret user behavior using marketing and other business data sets to gain quantitative insights that will enhance decision making is an asset.
- Business Analyst key specific functions:
- Candidate will serve as the Business Process Analyst and subject matter expert for workflows and technical integrations & analysis.
- Define and document business problems and/or opportunities for proposed initiatives, identifying and validating the key business requirements and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Software Development and IT Infrastructure teams towards the successful testing and implementation of projects.
- Employ the Agile framework (and others) in gathering user requirements/user stories, developing plans, making business cases, and prioritizing development in conjunction with other team members.
- Coordinate and lead meetings with Agile team members, ensuring the business perspective is represented and potential risks are addressed.
- Collaborate with team to evaluate potential software solutions – internal and off-the-shelf – to ensure business requirements are addressed effectively.
- Analyze existing reports and data structures and identify new reporting requirements.
- Assist in establishing and implementing necessary training materials across product streams.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Business Analysis, or Project Management preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- CBAP, PMP, Scrum master, Agile, Six Sigma certification is an asset
- Proficiency in understanding Custom Application Development, IT infrastructure, data reporting and analytics, software integration and third-party software evaluations.
- Business Process documentation and modelling experience
- Workflow design experience with preference for MS Flow/Power Automate
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- 2+ years’ experience in Agile, Scrum, and other methodologies or frameworks
- At least 1 year working experience with SQL Server, or other structured relational database platforms.
- Proficiency in tools such as Team Foundation Server, SharePoint Online, TEAMS, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software (e.g., MS Visio, MS Project)
- Candidate must be self-driven and highly motivated individual that is able to work in a fast-paced environment, performing multiple tasks and projects with defined deadlines.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Above-average business process mapping skills
- Business case development skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
200, 1501 – 1 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2R 0W1