- We are looking for an experienced Senior BA to join our team to support and deliver various process and technology initiatives.
- Define and document business problems and/or opportunities for proposed initiatives, identifying and validating the key business requirements primarily focussed on a critical platform we’ve developed and maintain, our Property Management System.
- Assist Product Owner & project delivery teams to evaluate potential software solutions – either internally developed or off-the-shelf – to ensure business requirements are addressed effectively
- Collaborate with the Software Development and IT Infrastructure teams towards the successful design, implementation and testing of software features
- May occasionally create and assemble project management deliverables for the projects assigned including but not limited to: project charter, project management plans, organizational change management plans, lessons learned, project completion report.
- Manage changes, decisions, risks and issues so you can provide timely updates to stakeholders
- Employ the Agile framework in gathering user requirements, developing plans, making business cases, and prioritizing product development in conjunction with Product Owner/BA team members
- Actively participate in the definition and prioritization of product roadmap items
- Determine and analyze ROI for system improvements
- Perform data analytics as requested; develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various business process initiatives
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes as well as enhancing them
- Conduct or coordinate organizational change management activities, including but not limited to engagement plans, communications and training.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field is preferred, however, a combination of professional certifications and/or experience will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as Business / Process Analyst.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a Project Manager.
- PMP / IIBA certification is an asset
- Must have a solid understanding of Custom Software Development; elicit and document requirements as well as develop and execute required test scenarios
- Process documentation and modelling experience
- 4+ years experience in Agile methodologies
- At least 1 year working experience with SQL Server, or other structured relational database platforms; and intermediate level of SQL skills
- Proficiency in tools such as Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps, SharePoint Online, TEAMS
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software (e.g. MS Visio, MS Project)
- Candidate must be self-driven and highly motivated individual that's able to work in a fast-paced environment, performing multiple tasks and projects with defined deadlines.
- Strong writing and communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Strong analytical, facilitation, problem solving and organizational skills. Experience leading meetings, coordinating deliverables, and resolving issues
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Above-average business process mapping skills
- Business case development skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
200, 1501 – 1 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2R 0W1