- Investigate, understand, analyze and adjust current and historic resident member accounts, ledgers, utility bills, legal fees, collection related documents and records.
- Process high volume of move outs and Statement of Accounts.
- Effectively communicate and resolve historic resident member concerns and questions – which includes contacting resident members with balances to collect on balance and/or set up repayment plans.
- Effectively process Bankruptcy and Debt Consolidation documents
- Act as a liaison between Boardwalk and 3rd party collection agencies and debt consolidation agencies
- Preparation of evidence packages, applications, Notice of Hearings and Affidavits for small claims at the Residential Tenancies Dispute Resolution Service (tribunal), Provincial Courts and the Court of Queen’s Bench.
- Coordinating process service of legal documents and process serving documents when directed.
- Professional and successful representation of Boardwalk at tribunal and Provincial Court hearings in tenancy related matters.
- Effectively liaise and advise sites and site leaders regarding defaults, bad debts and Residential Tenancies Act of Alberta related matters
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Post Secondary education required
- Strong knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act of Alberta required (exam may be administered to test knowledge).
- 3+ years of customer service experience with emphasis on strong conflict resolution abilities.
- 3+ years of Microsoft Office experience, in particular Excel.
- Valid Driver’s License and Vehicle required
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to take responsibility for all actions and decisions and to follow through until a resolution is obtained
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Strong planning and organizational skills coupled with ability to multi-task and prioritize (excellent time-management skills)
- Ability to work independently (self-managed) and with other Associates in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and be flexible in nature
- Displays a high level of initiative and commitment to excellence
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, enthusiasm and assertiveness
- Ability to meet deadlines in sometimes high-stress situations
200, 1501 – 1 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2R 0W1