- Overall responsibility is ensuring that Boardwalk is procuring the right products/services at the best value and that our Site staff are receiving contractors and products when they need them. This position deals with a high volume of short turnaround orders/jobs.
- Setting up ‘contracts’ with suppliers/contractors for the procurement of materials, products or services.
- Making sure that work is done according to specifications and on time.
- Making sure that we receive what was ordered correctly and on time.
- Working with the sites and Leaders to ensure expediting of contracted work is done.
- Working with the sites and Leaders to ensure efficient inventory control.
- Preparing cost analysis reports on the services/products we purchase and making recommendations based on cost, type and quality of products/services ordered.
- Sourcing and pricing products, services, suppliers & contractors in adherence to Boardwalk policy
- Issuing purchase orders and placing orders, using our in-house systems in adherence to Boardwalk’s policy
- Prepare and negotiate competitive bids and agreements
- Track orders to Warehouse
- Prepare and review consumption reports and make recommendations for standardization or changes to existing products or services.
- Do market research on product categories and be familiar with product/service specs, market conditions, etc.
- Requesting and comparing competitive bids
- Providing Site Staff, Leaders, and external contractors with superior customer service
- Will treat site staff and Area Leaders as their customers
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Home Building / Construction purchasing experience preferred
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office (Word, Visio, and Outlook)
- Strong Excel Skills – filtering, formatting, pivot tables
- Ability to do basic financial analysis
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Superior Customer Service skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Strong reading and interpretation skills (experience reading contracts)
- Must be analytical – be able to analyze various options and take appropriate action
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines
- Ability to work independently and professionally
- Must be honest and energetic
- Must be able to work within a team as well as independently
- Must be capable of quickly learning new skills and grasping new concepts (i.e. must be able to quickly understand the function of parts/requested jobs and be able to quickly learn to ask the right questions)
- Ability to demonstrate fiscal responsibility
200, 1501 – 1 Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2R 0W1