- Ensure site cleanliness, by picking up all garbage and pet waste around all sites
- Remove heavy furniture, garbage and appliances from suites and around the sites as required
- Complete Customer Service Request for Maintenance – exterior, common areas and suites
- Perform on call emergency maintenance according to schedule provided by Leader
- Sanding and salting areas that are not covered by a contractor, completion of snow logs and ice removal logs
- Ability to maintain Fences: repaired and/or stained, as necessary; stairs, gazebos, etc.
- Building exterior: eves cleared, siding, lights working, signage clean and visible.
- Hazard line painting, power washing, filling potholes, etc.
- Cleaning catch basins, pumps, and vents
- Painting halls, suites, parkades, and other areas as assigned by your Leader
- Ensure proper and accurate inventory management
- Refill water softener
- Tree and branch cutting
- Flexible on call hours
- Liaise with a Leader to provide updates on the condition of the sites and report any needs of concerns pertaining to the sites and the Associates
- Sweep and power wash garages
- Assist in parts delivery
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 1 to 2 years of general construction and/or landscaping experience
- Knowledge of basic tools
- Clean drivers abstract with driving experience
- Ability to operate equipment such as Bobcat, effectively drive a ¾ ton Supercab truck with a trailer up to 20 feet in length. This is a subject to a successful driving test.
- Ability to operate small equipment and power tools.
- Ability to learn in house programs
- Basic knowledge of Inventory Control
- Familiarity with computer tablets is an asset
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Dedicated to building better communities for all our Customers and surrounding communities
- Ability to take responsibility for all actions and decisions and to follow through
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Strong planning and organizational skills coupled with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work independently (self managed) and with other Associates in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and be flexible in nature
- Displays a high level of initiative and commitment to success (striving toward Boardwalk’s mission statement)
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, enthusiasm and assertiveness
- Ability to spend up to eight hours walking, standing, climbing stairs, lifting
- Ability to maneuver up to 90kg with the proper equipment
- Deadline and goal oriented
- Use and promote safe working practices
4074 Breck Avenue, Kitchener, Ontario, N6L 1B5